Victoria's Dental Hygiene Clinic follows the British Columbia Dental Hygiene Association Fee Guide.The cost of a cleaning is probably the most frequent question asked.
Our first appointment is one and half hours and can cost between 220.00 - 280.00 depending on your needs.
Our fees are the lowest in Canada. Saying that, we are the most cost effective cleaning, even 12% lower than that of the dentists.
Saving money is not the only benefit, you will receive exceptional service from our highly skilled dental hygienists using state of the art equipment.
Fees increase on February 1st of each year
New client assessment $96.90 (this includes a head and neck exam, cancer screening, assessment of all the oral tissues: recession noted; measurement of gum line, gum pockets for any bone loss, mobilities, and oral hygiene habits , oral hygiene instruction, recommendations. This assessment is a base line of data which shows us a picture of your oral health. This Data enables us to offer you treatments based on your needs. A diagnosis is given. See College of Dental Hygienist of BC guidelines: http://www.cdhbc.com/Practice-Resources/Scope-of-Practice-Statement.aspx
In the clinical setting, dental hygiene assessment involves the gathering or updating of information relating to the your general and oral health, and the hard and soft tissues of the head, neck and oral cavity. The dental hygienist will obtain this information by performing some or all of the following assessment procedures:
- medical and dental history
- wellness habits, including (but not exclusively) nutrition and use of tobacco products
- vital signs
- head and neck examination
- intra-oral soft tissue examination
- periodontal examination
- dental examination
- occlusal examination
- diagnostic tests, including (but not exclusively) pulp vitality tests, bacterial tests to determine caries risk and enzyme tests to determine periodontal disease
- radiographic interpretation – including exposing and processing
- impressions for study models
- intra-oral and extra-oral dental photographs
- preserving and packaging biopsy specimens for shipment
Once assessment data is gathered we critically analyses the data and formulates a
Cosmetic whitening $500 (in two payments $250)
Sealants (single) (each additional tooth -
Products and GST/PST
Gum Joy Oil $26.00 + TAX
Rotadent Power Brush $165.00 +TAX
Xyliwhite Toothpaste $8.99 +TAX
MI Paste (assorted flavors) $26.00 +TAX/Tube
Dental Floss Spools Assorted
Perio Plus (oral rinse) $14.99 + TAX
PerioSmart (natural organic oral rinse) $14.99 + TAX
DENTAL INSURANCE ACCEPTED ~ PAYMENT PLAN AVAILABLE